Orders that are shipped outside of Whiplash can have a status of "Shipped Externally".
The primary purpose of "Shipped Externally" is to allow Whiplash to handle returns for orders that were shipped outside of the Whiplash platform, such as an off-network warehouse, your own office, or your vendor.
Inventory will not be deducted. If the order entered Whiplash and was set to Shipped Externally after inventory was reduced, inventory will be added back, similar to Cancelling an order.
The order will not be shipped by Whiplash.
The order will be able to generate returns.
Creating orders with a status of Shipped Externally
- Via the API
- Clicking the "Shipped Externally" button on an individual Order's Details page
- Searching for orders with given criteria and updating them in bulk
- Using Routing Rules to add the Shipped Externally status to orders based on given criteria
If you are not using an API connection, you will want to create this 'order' manually in Whiplash.
- In Whiplash navigate to Orders→Create New
- Create an order that includes the items you need to be returned. Use the senders name and contact information as it was entered in the original order for return.
- Select 'Shipped Externally'
- Create the return in the method you prefer.
A verified address is required to produce a return label on any order marked as shipped externally.
Q & A
Q: Can I use this to split orders if I only want Whiplash fulfilling part of my inventory, and want to fulfill some items myself?
A: Whiplash can only auto-split orders on their items' Available and In-Stock status. While it may be possible to use these as proxies for which items Whiplash is fulfilling, it's not recommended.