You can add a "Gift Message" to your recipient on the order's packing slip manually or via the Whiplash API.
Manually Adding a Gift Message
1. Navigate to the Order, and click on "Edit Address"
2. Type in a custom message to your customer in the "Note to Customer" box. For example:
3. Click "Update" to save your note.
Check your custom Gift Message belonging to an order by selecting "Print Packing Slip" in the Order menu. You should see your custom message shown in the designated area of your packing slip template. If you have not chosen to edit the Default Template, your note would be located at the bottom of the slip, centered. For example:
Adding a Gift Message via the API
1. Set the `order.public_note` field to your intended message. This can be done on the Order Details page or via the API.
2. Confirm that `order.notes` is displayed on your Packing Slip Template in your intended styling and placement.
How do I add a Gift Message?
How do I add a Gift Message via the API?
How can I preview a Gift Message?