Welcome to Part 2 of our 2021 Holiday Prep Guide! You will find all parts of the guide on the 2021 Holiday Prep Guide home page.
WHY ARE ORDER BEST PRACTICES SO IMPORTANT DURING PEAK?
During Holiday/Peak our goal and priority will be shipping orders. Any address problems, changes to orders, etc. can slow down the packing and shipping process.
ADDRESS VERIFICATION / FORMATTING
- Review your address formatting to ensure it is acceptable to the carriers. It is likely that an address that is not verified in Whiplash will be delayed.
- Set-up rules to pause any order that isn’t verified prior to it coming into Whiplash
- Create notifications that will alert you to an order with issues. This will help you see the issue and get it corrected as soon as possible.
- Military address format, military addresses can only ship USPS, FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost
For more info on Address Verification, check out these Help Center articles:
GIFT NOTES ON PACKING SLIP
- Gift messages are printed on the packing slip. If you create an order manually you can add a Gift message in the “edit address” section.
- Gift Message Help Center article
WHEN CAN YOU CHANGE AN ORDER?
- Items can be changed and updated until the moment the order is batched. If you want to change something after that, you would need to cancel the order
- The address can be changed up until the moment the label is purchased.
- If you change an address after the packing slip has been printed, the address on the packing slip will be different than the address it is shipped to, but it should not effect delivery
- We are unable to retrieve a package once it has been marked as shipped.
- Gestation time periods help you get a window prior to the order becoming live for the facility to work on, you can update this in your preferences if you’d like it to be longer or shorter. The order will not go into “processing” until the gestation time has passed
Prepare a large orders appropriately: check out the Manage Large Orders article
Large orders will take more time. And, orders are processed in chronological order at the facility. So as such, facilities are unable to prioritize one order over another.
In Parts 3 & 4 of the 2021 Holiday Prep Guide (coming soon),
- Carrier Guidelines and Carrier Peak Surcharges during peak holiday times
- Whiplash and Partner Facility Holiday Operating Hours
- Whiplash Customer Support Holiday Schedule