2021 Holiday Prep Guide Wrap Up
This article is the last installment of our 2021 Holiday guide. You can review all parts of the 2021 guide here:
- 2021 Holiday Prep Guide Part 1: Best Practices for preparing your inventory
- 2021 Holiday Prep Guide Part 2: Order Processing Best Practices
- 2021 Holiday Prep Guide Part 3: Carrier Peak Surcharge Info & Cut-Off Date Suggestions
Whiplash Facility Thanksgiving/Black Friday Operating Hours
- Whiplash Facilities will be closed Thanksgiving Day.
- Depending on the customer needs, each facility will be working the appropriate number of shifts on Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday as required to process the projected Black Friday and Cyber Monday orders.
Partner Facility Thanksgiving/Black Friday Operating Hours
- Partner Facilities will be closed Thanksgiving Day.
- Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) is planned to be a normal work day for Partner Facilities.
- Partner Facilities will also plan to be open over the Thanksgiving weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday) as customer needs dictate.
- Extended shifts and weekends through the peak holiday period will also be scheduled as needed in coordination with our customers.
Whiplash Customer Support Thanksgiving/Black Friday Schedule
- Whiplash will be closed Thanksgiving Day.
- On Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving), the Customer Support team will be on call and working tickets submitted to email@example.com.
Q: I am not seeing tracking updates on a particular order, what do I do?
A: During Peak Season, because of the intense volume, carriers aren't always able to scan packages immediately. The rule of thumb is to wait 2 - 3 business days before making an inquiry with Whiplash.
Q: If tracking still hasn’t updated, should I issue a replacement order?
A: As mentioned above, we have been seeing tracking take a few days to update due to carriers not scanning packages upon receipt. If you’d like to issue a replacement order for your customer you can do so at your discretion, but there is a likelihood the original order will still arrive at the destination.
Q: How do I get a hold of Whiplash if I need something?
A: Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org is the best way to contact our team. We are experiencing a higher volume of inquiries but we will make every effort to get back to you within 2 business hours.
Q: Can I request an address update on an order?
A: Yes, in some cases. Only FedEx and UPS support this feature, but it is dependent on both the status of the package and the service selected. DHL doesn’t support change of addresses.
Q: What about my returns?
A: During peak season we are prioritizing outbound orders, which means you may see a longer processing time for returns. We are expecting a timeline of 7-10 business days for returns processing.